Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sunday Chicken Bundles

I only call these "Sunday" Chicken Bundles because that tends to be the day of the week I make them. They aren't ridiculously time-intensive, but may feel that way for a week-night meal.
Let me just tell you that they are simply delicious. Cream cheese and chicken are apparently meant for each other. While they can stand alone beautifully, the sauce really adds a whole new level of yummy-ness and is a must in my opinion. They are a nice company over dish and make terrific left-overs. I could eat them for days! Put them on your sunday dinner menu this week...

Sunday Chicken Bundles

3 chicken breasts cooked and finely shredded (I do mine in the crock pot with some chicken broth, oven baked and chopped would be fine though)
4-6 T melted butter
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened (we go the 1/3 less fat route AKA neufatel)
1 clove garlic, minced
4-5 green onions chopped, both white & green parts
1/2 t+ garlic salt
1/4 t black pepper
24 canned crescent rolls

Mix all ingredients but rolls. Layout each dough triangle and place generous spoonful of chicken mixture on wide end of each roll. Roll up tucking in ends a bit. Allow some chicken to show. Place on silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake @ 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve with sauce:

1 can cream of chicken
3 T sour cream
1/2 (or more) cup chicken broth
1/2 t dried parsley
1/4 t garlic powder
fresh black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated cheese, colby jack is good

Heat in small sauce pan, adding more broth as necessary to reach desired consistency. We like ours on the thinner side. Spoon over baked chicken bundles.

3 comments:

  1. i make these in the dutch oven when we go camping, I love them! I'm liking the recipe blog by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made these before but I think yours has more seasonings than the recipe I have so I'm going to try yours! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. I know we've had these at your house before. So impressed with your pics, Em. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete