Monday, May 30, 2011

Jazzed Up Garlic Artichoke Dip

This dip is such creamy, tangy, garlick-y goodness. Most restaurants these days have some sort of cream cheese based dip on the appetizer menu and I really think this blows them all out of the water! The original recipe comes from Our Best Bites and since I can't leave well-enough alone I added a few extra things and cut down the artichokes to make up for it. I've made this recipe the original way and my way and both are fabulous. (but truth be told I prefer my way!) It simply never disappoints.
Jazzed Up Garlic Artichoke Dip
{Adapted slightly from Our Best Bites}

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened (1/3 less is perfect)
1 cup mayo (no miracle whip or non-fat)
1 6 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
6 cloves garlic, pressed
1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
2 medium tomatoes chopped (grape is fine, about a cup'll do ya)
Black pepper, a few good cranks
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (grate it fresh, pre-grated doesn't work well here)
1 loaf of sourdough bread, sliced for dipping (or tortilla chips or homemade pita-yum!)

Preheat oven to 350. Place softened cream cheese and mayo in mixing bowl and stir to combine. (I use my kitchen-aid) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon dip into a medium sized baking dish. 9-inch pie plate, 8x8 or 9x9 square pyrex dishes are all good options. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden and melted. Serve with thin slices of sourdough bread for dipping.

1 comment:

  1. This is totally making me drool. Do you have a good homemade pita recipe?

    ReplyDelete