Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie


Don't let this sub-par picture throw you off, I was so impatient waiting to sink my teeth into this pie that I couldn't try any longer for a better shot! I discovered this recipe not to long ago on Our Best Bites and have made it at least 4 times since. My husband absolutely LOVES chocolate chip cookies. If he could only choose one dessert to eat the rest of his life I guarantee that's what it would be. And yet for some reason I can hardly stand to make them! It's something about the time/batches/painstakingly placing each dough ball on the cookie sheet one at a time. As you can imagine, cookies don't make it into our dessert rotation all that often. Don't get me wrong, I love cookies--just not so much the making of them. In steps this chocolate chip cookie pie and now he's happy with a cookie fix and I'm happy with a quick fix. Please try this STAT! I may just go have some breakfast right now!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
{This is great by itself but AMAZING with vanilla ice cream on top. It's terrific warm or room temp and such a good idea for a take-in, drop-off dessert. Recipe source: Nestle via Our Best Bites}

1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought (I go store-bought cause I'm lazy like that)
2 large eggs
1/2 C flour
1/2 C white granulated sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C real butter,
really soft but not melted(1 1/2 sticks)
1 C chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk, we like milk)
1 C chopped walnuts (or pecans)

Vanilla ice cream, or sweetened whipped cream for serving (a must! I prefer ice cream)

optional: chocolate sauce for drizzling

Preheat oven to 325° F.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon and spread into pie shell.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Mine always take a few minutes longer. Cool on wire rack or serve slightly warmed. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love chocolate chip cookies! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete