Friday, August 26, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches {Crock Pot}

I've been making this recipe for years. It was shared with me by my good friend Darla way back when we were going to school and had one baby a piece. Those were the day, right?! Anyhow, it's definitely not a fancy recipe by any means and that's why I love it. 3 ingredients besides the chicken and uses the crock pot for ultimate ease. Doesn't get any better!

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches {Crock Pot}
{Recipe from Rachael H. via Darla}

Use equal parts:
brown sugar
soy sauce
pineapple juice

For 2 chicken breasts:
1 can pineapple juice (6oz.)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce

Additional items needed:
Buns
Cheese (optional)
Crushed pineapple (optional)
Greens (optional)

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix together pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 on high. About 1 hour before serving, remove chicken shred, and place back in juices. When ready to serve, broil buns add chicken, cheese, crushed pineapple, and greens to buns and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Emily! I can't get over your professional pics! This looks SO much better than when I make it (which it's been forever, btw). I love to use onion buns and toast the cheese and red onion on the bun under the broiler before putting the shredded chicken and greens on. MMM!!!

    ReplyDelete