Friday, September 16, 2011

Spicy Pineapple Salad

I swear fresh pineapple is sent from heaven above. Is there anything better? I think not. This simple salad is a little taste of the islands and it's made unique by a sprinkling of cayenne pepper. Strange concept I know, but let me just say that it somehow really heightens the flavor of the already delicious pineapple. The toasted coconut and crunchy macadamia nuts make it all the better. Such a great and healthy little side dish to round out almost any meal.

Spicy Pineapple Salad

4 cups cubed fresh pineapple (I like mine a little on the smaller side)
1 cup halved red grapes
2 T fresh orange or lime juice
1 T honey
1/8 t cayenne pepper
dash of salt
2 T toasted coconut
2 T chopped macadamia nuts

Combine pineapple and grapes in bowl. Mix orange (or lime) juice, honey, pepper, and salt in separate small bowl. Drizzle over fruit. Sprinkle with coconut and macadamias.

No comments:

Post a Comment