Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Magic Cookies

Everyone has their most favorite chocolate chip cookie and I have several favorites that change often depending on my mood. Sometimes I'm in a ground oatmeal, refrigerated dough thick cookie mood, other times it's a toasted nut thinner cookie mood, and still other times I want a good old back of the nestle toll house package recipe special.
Right now my favorite are these "magic" cookies. I don't know why they're called magic, other than the fact that when I take a bite it's magic! Somehow these seem like a good every day chocolate chip cookie, like they're easier and quicker to throw together and bake off or something. I don't know if they really take any less time than my other recipes, but I do know that they are chewy and chocolate-y and some of the best cookie-dough eating yumminess I've had in a while. Just be sure than you actually bake some, it's gonna be hard though-believe me. Oh and don't forget the milk!

Chocolate Chip Magic Cookies
{Feel free to mix it up some with your add-ins, this is a great basic dough recipe. We like a combination of milk and semi-sweet chips with chopped walnuts. I've also thrown in some peanut butter chips with the regular chocolate chips and left out the nuts and hoo-boy that was a treat. M&M's would be delicious, I'm always sad when I never have any on hand. And of course the ever popular white chocolate chips with macadamia nut combo would work really well too. As they say "whatever floats your boat".}

2 cups + 2 T flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 sticks (12 T) melted and slightly cooled salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk, at room temp
2 t vanilla
1 1/2 cups add-ins i.e. chocolate chips, nuts, m&m's...

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Pour melted butter and sugars in bowl of mixer and beat until well-combined (2 minutes-ish). Add the egg, yolk, vanilla, and salt and stir until mixed. Gradually add the flour and baking soda. It may look crumbly, but just keep mixing. Stir in chocolate chips, etc.

Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place on sil-pat lined cookie sheet a good 2 inches apart. Bake for about anywhere between 12-15 minutes. The centers should be soft and puffy. You want them seem a little underdone when removed from oven. They'll continue cooking on the cookie sheet. Let stay cool on sheets for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.

Makes about 18-20 largish cookies.


3 comments:

  1. Making these tonight for the stake youth choir since I forgot to buy mint for the mint choc. chip cookies I promised them (recipe on my pinterest page). I'm sure these will be so good that they'll forget all about the others..

    I wish we were with you this time of year! The recipes you've put on here...YUMMY! So far, I have White Chicken Chili recipe from your blog, a heavenly coconut shrimp recipe from a friend, and a possible Christmas dinner including pork roast (yes, meat!), caramelized brussel sprouts with lemon, scalloped russet and sweet potatoes, and double cheddar holiday biscuits-all courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, for the WEEK-I meant to say. Can you imagine eating all that in one day??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! Thanks buddy. The cookies shown in the article looking best. If you are looking for the Where Can I Buy Edible Cookie Dough then must consider World’s Best Cookie Dough to order online.

    ReplyDelete