Friday, July 22, 2011

Divine Oriental Mandarin Salad

Although I've made it before, it's been a few years and I think it's safe to say this is my not so new favorite salad at the moment. Delicious! The dressing, as is usually the case, is what does it for me. I wanted to eat it with a spoon. I served this with asian food, but think it's a great addition to any spread and grilled chicken on top would make it a very satisfying summer meal. You're gonna love it!

Divine Oriental Mandarin Salad

1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
1/3 head napa cabbage, finely chopped
2 carrots, grated
1 bunch green onions chopped
1/2 to 1 cup almonds, toasted or sugar coated (see here for easy sugar coating technique)
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
Crunchy chow mein noodles and/or sesame seeds, toasted

Combine above ingredients in large bowl and serve with:

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
2 T dijon mustard
2 T+ honey
Few drops sesame oil
1+ T rice wine vinegar

Whisk all ingredients together. Taste and adjust as needed. I usually want more honey and more vinegar.

I suggest serving the dressing on the side, but you may toss it together just don't over the dressing amount-all won't be needed most likely and don't toss until right before serving. Won't keep once dressing is added.

No comments:

Post a Comment