Friday, January 6, 2012

Citrus Slush

Who doesn't love a good slush? I know I certainly do love a good slush. I know I also love a good fancy drink and this one is great for any special occasion you may be having. Brunches, wedding receptions, girls nights, baby/bridal showers, New Years, Christmas, every party for the rest of Emily's life. It reminds me of the million and one wedding receptions of my youth. When I tasted it, alongside our Christmas meal this year, I was sad I hadn't been tasting it every year, heck every day of my life, since then. Slush for everyone, every day!

Citrus Slush
{Recipe from the sisters cafe}

1/2 cup sugar
4 cups waters
12 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
1 (48oz) can pineapple juice
4 mashed ripe bananas
1 bottle ginger ale

Bring sugar and water to a boil. Cool slightly. Combine cooled sugar water, concentrates, and bananas in blender until smooth. Mix blended concentrates with pineapple juice and freeze until solid. When ready to serve remove from freezer and let thaw a bit. Scrape or break up a bit, can use a potato masher to reach desired consistency. Place a generous amount in each glass and fill with ginger ale. Also can do the punch bowl method, mashed up slush in bowl with all the ginger ale poured over and ladle to serve. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment